Holistic, team-based, mental health care
Our Team have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19. As a result, we have begun enacting our business continuity plan due to the increased likelihood that our providers and our patients will be directly impacted by COVID-19. Our aim is to minimise infection / transmission of COVID-19 whilst ensuring the continuation of much needed mental health services.
Our contingency plan is now in full effect and face to face services have now ceased at Alaya House. If you are a patient of our services, you can still access support through Telehealth as we have moved to virtual systems.
Current providers and GP Clinics have been sent direct correspondence regarding this, however the key thing to consider are:
- Our 1300 514 811 number purely for Bushfire Counselling calls only.
- GPs will not be required to phone APMHA HealthCare to facilitate referral of a client. Instead, the fully completed MHTP (including mental state, risk and consent) should be securely faxed / emailed directly to APMHA HealthCare’s intake and allocations team.
Please send referrals via Secure fax 03 9376 0317 or secure email to [email protected]
- GPs will be asked to provide each referred patient a copy of the APMHA Telehealth Counselling – FAQs and please outline to the patient that there is a high potential that face to face counselling may not be available under the current circumstances.
- GPs should be mindful that there is still an 8-10 week waiting period for patients (other than bushfire impacted / affected patients).
- For GPs requiring urgent consultations / secondary advise – please contact us via the number provided to you in earlier correspondence.
- Patients will be SMS’d by APMHA HealthCare’s intake team on receipt of the referral and informed of any waiting period and waiting support plan (as they do currently)
- APMHA HealthCare is instigating a provisional referral pathway for patients impacted by COVID-19. For patients who are fearful to attend the GP practice, or are in self-isolation / quarantine, please see the provisional pathway provided to you in earlier correspondence.
Other Helpful links
Workforce/Community Training and Room Hire
At Alaya House, we have been working with our clinical partner, APMHA HealthCare and Standby to enact our business continuity plan due to the...
We are pleased to announce that today we successfully completed our provisional NDIS Accreditation Audit! This means that Alaya House is one step...
The recent bushfires have affected many communities across Australia and as the demand support continues to increase, so has access to information...
PTS and PMH-CCC Services have now commenced at Alaya House, our new Shepparton Wellness Hub. As we continue to see more clients in Shepparton, we...
In 2019, APMHA HealthCare and Alaya Partners Australia realised our vision to open a “bricks and mortar” mental health service in rural Victoria....